Not only are zucchinis scrumptious, but the low calorie veggies offer a long list of health benefits.
Believe it or not, these guys even contain more potassium than the average banana! (Remind me to pick a few up from the store on the way home from work!)
For these reasons, zucchini is the perfect ingredient to mix into your meals this summer. The vegetable can be prepared in a variety of ways — ranging from herb-stuffed party boats to crunchy veggie fries.
Or, you can get crafty and organize an array of veggies into a savory Parmesan zucchini bake!
Just chop a fresh tomato, zucchini, and squash into circular slices, then stack the pieces in an alternating pattern along the base of a baking pan. If your mouth is already watering, just wait until you taste the baked bits of Parmesan and spice that crust over in the oven — yum!
To learn how to whip up a batch of these baked veggies today, take a look at the ingredients list and cooking directions below. Then click on the video for more in-depth instructions. Can you believe making such a healthy and tasty dish is this easy?
What is your favorite way to serve zucchini? Do you plan to give this delicious recipe a try?
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Slice the squash, tomato, and zucchini into thin, circular slices.
- In an alternating pattern, line the base of a baking dish with the vegetable slices.
- Sprinkle pinches of garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, and pepper on top of the veggies.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Allow the dish to cool before serving with tongs.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.