If I had to pick my ideal home decoration, I would definitely choose candles.
Not only do candles give rooms a certain, soothing glow, but they release pleasant aromas into the air around them. Gorgeous candle jars can also spruce up your household’s decor or mark the celebration of special holidays.
If you are looking for a creative way to adorn your living space, consider making one of these stunning nautical candles! These ocean-inspired crafts are not only incredibly simple to make, but they will remind you of sunny days spent out on the sand.
Check out the material list and craft instructions below. Then, watch the video for step-by-step directions.
- Mason jar
- jute rope
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- striped scrapbook paper (for anchor cutouts)
- strings of pearl beads
- craft sand
- small, white candle
- small seashells
- dried starfish
- Cut a piece of rope that will fit around the rim of a Mason jar, then hot glue it into place.
- Cut a second, longer piece of rope and loop it twice through the original piece. Tie a knot and allow the rest of the rope to dangle.
- Loop the dangling rope around the rim and glue it into place. Lace the cutout of an anchor (or another popular nautical symbol) through the rope before gluing down.
- Continue looping the second rope strand around the jar, thickly coiling it near the base. Keep the rope in place using the hot glue gun.
- Hot glue small seashells around the coiled section of rope.
- Glue the beaded string of pearls along the diagonal rope strand.
- Fill the jar with craft sand and drop a handful of small seashells inside. Bury a small, white candle halfway in the sand.
- Consider further decorating the jar by gluing starfish or extra pearls to the glass.
If you love this beach-themed, DIY project, please SHARE with your friends and family on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.