Deep down, just about everyone prefers their food stuffed with ooey-gooey melted cheese.
Granted, it’s not the healthiest of options, but we’re hard-pressed to think of a single snack that isn’t improved with a generous dollop of cheese.
For example, garlic bread is delicious on its own, but cheesy garlic bread? Now, that’s heaven.
In fact, we have a similar attitude toward just about every snack food that crosses our kitchen table.
At the moment, our very favorite is a variation on an appetizer favorite: nacho-cheese onion rings!
These melted, savory bites are the perfect way to snack away game-day angst while catching the play-offs, or, if you’re lucky, to serve up hot while tailgating!
Even better, this is a snack people will ask for over and over again. Once your team makes it to the Super Bowl, you better be prepared to serve these at the party.
Check out the recipe below to whip up a batch of these at home.
- 2 to 3 large onions
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Slice raw onions into rings.
- Take large rings and place slightly smaller rings inside.
- Stuff space between rings with cheese. Repeat for remaining rings, then freeze for two hours.
- Dredge each ring in flour, egg, and bread crumbs, then dredge one additional time in egg and bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.