Let’s face it, bread is the best! From sourdough loaves to dinner rolls, something warm, soft, and buttery is the perfect addition to any meal.
And among the many crusty, carb-filled breads to choose from, breadsticks are definitely the most amazing.
There’s something about their shape, which is perfect for dipping, dunking, and nibbling that makes it particularly crave-worthy. Plus, they are usually paired with yummy pastas, sauces, and Olive Garden–style salads.
It seems to me like this ultimate pasta pairing is indisputably tasty and that there is no way to improve upon it. Unless, that is, you were to add cheese into the mix!
You heard that right, cheesy breadsticks combine the warm fluffiness of bread with melty cheese — they are basically one degree away from being pizzas!
These beefed-up breadsticks are perfect for a fun summer gathering, or for a game day!
So if your mouth is watering by the mere mention of melty cheese, be sure to watch the video below and print out this easy and delicious recipe!
- 1 tsp. instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
1⁄2cups warm water
1⁄2cups bread flour
- 3 Tbsps. olive oil, divided
1⁄2tsp. Italian seasoning 1⁄4tsp. salt 1⁄4tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese in block form, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add instant dry yeast, salt, and warm water to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- With a hand mixer, slowly add in the bread flour in sections.
- Once a dough has been combined, knead it into a ball.
- Place it back in the bowl, cover, and let it rest in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside after it has been combined.
- Take the dough from the bowl, fold it in half, and let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Flatten the dough balls and sprinkle a bit of water on to make them sticky.
- Place a square of mozzarella lengthwise in the center of the dough. Wrap the dough around the cheese and pinch the dough seam to seal it in.
- Cover the cheese-stuffed dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Brush the dough with the olive oil mixture and place in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and enjoy the warm, cheesy breadsticks!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.