Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and that means that a lot of special ladies will be needing some love — more than you already give them, I mean!
Nothing says love and appreciation like something handmade, and for the women who have everything, an edible treat is always welcome.
And since Mother’s Day is a special occasion, it’s no time to worry about calories. And therefore, this adorable and simple recipe is the perfect one.
These cupcakes look really fancy, but thanks to some clever tricks, they’re actually a breeze to make!
That means you can make them for all the moms, stepmoms, grandmas, aunts, and friends on your list without overly stressing yourself out.
In fact, you’ll be surprised to find just how easy it is to transform a plain cupcake into a delightful, blooming spring flower, just like it was easy to create those adorable rose cake pops.
Check out the recipe below, as well as the video to see how it’s done, and feel free to switch things up with different colors of sprinkles and frosting!
And be sure to SHARE with anyone who needs a Mother’s Day idea — and just loves cupcakes!
- 1 box cake mix in your choice of flavor, plus needed ingredients
- 1 package frosting, in flavor of your choice
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- colored sugar
- Bake cupcakes according to the box instructions and let cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting in a medium-thick layer.
- Slice your mini marshmallows in half diagonally.
- Dip the cut ends into colored sugar.
- Arrange the sliced marshmallows, sugared side up, in a spiral on the cupcake, starting on the outside and working inward.
- Finish with a marshmallow half-dipped in a differently colored sugar.
- Arrange, share, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.