LIFE

Mom’s Son Keeps On Getting Sick At Home So She Tears The Walls Open And Finds Black Mold

by Ann-Sophie Kaemmerle
Native New Yorker, University of Virginia graduate, runner, and sometimes stand-up performer.

If you’re a parent, the safety and well-being of your kids are of utmost importance. If something is making them unwell, you need to get to the bottom of the issue quickly so they can feel better.

When Veronica Vera Jackson’s 1-year-old son started having respiratory problems, she wanted to find out why.

He was wheezing and developed symptoms similar to asthma. He didn’t feel well at home, but as soon as he was inside, he immediately started getting better.

A friend suggested mold as the cause of the boy’s breathing issues, so Veronica had the walls torn down. Sure enough, the insulation behind them was covered in black mold.

In disbelief, the mother tried to get her leasing company and complex to help her. When they refused to give her what she wanted, she decided to break her lease for the sake of her son’s health.

Now, they live in a new apartment. The boy’s health has improved, though it still remains affected by the exposure to the toxic black mold.

According to WebMD, common symptoms of a mold allergy are itchy and watery eyes, wheezing, and a runny nose.

If you have any of these symptoms and have no idea why, maybe it’s time to check if there’s black mold growing behind your walls!

Please SHARE this story to warn your friends and family about the possibility of finding this toxic fungus in their homes!

Footage provided by KNXV Phoenix

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.