I’m usually not the one who regularly prepares desserts and fun treats for parties and gatherings, but I’m planning to go all out for St. Patrick’s Day this year.
I’ve already been racking my brain for a couple of possible options, and might be whipping up a few amazing items, like this Guinness-infused chocolate cheesecake, or a healthy, bright green avocado ranch dressing dip.
If you’re like me, and are looking for something festive-themed, sweet, and easy to make, we’ve got an exclusive recipe below for delicious, colorful mint chocolate chip cookies.
Let us know if you have any all-time favorite dessert recipes for St. Patrick’s Day, or any great tips for making vibrantly-hued foods.
Scroll on for the cookie recipe, then make sure to watch the video below for the full instructions, and to see how simple this recipe is.
Will you be trying your hand at these simple, delectable cookies at home? Let us know in the comments below.
Please SHARE if you love savoring delicious, colorful cookies for St. Paddy’s Day!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs and yolk.
- Add in peppermint extract and food coloring, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and blend until well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips to dough, and combine with spatula until well folded.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Form balls of cough, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 °F.
- Let cool and serve!
Please SHARE if you love festive, bright recipes for St. Patrick's Day!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.