Holidays are such fun parts of the year. While many people just celebrate bigger holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving, I like celebrating any holiday at any time of year.
I love St. Patrick’s Day — it’s a great time to get together with friends, drink a beer, and make some delicious food. While there are a lot of incredible Irish-themed snacks, this one in particular has my mouth watering.
Potatoes are a staple when it comes to Irish food, but this recipe also combines a lot of other great foods, like bacon and cheese.
If you love potato skins and loaded baked potatoes, you’re going to adore this dish. It’s a perfect party snack: bite-sized, portable, and savory.
Everyone at your St. Patrick’s Day party will fall in love with this dish, and they’ll definitely be asking for your secret!
Try this out at home: print out the recipe card below to make it on your own!
- 10 red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup chopped bacon
1⁄2cup cheddar cheese
1⁄2cup Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsps. melted butter
- sour cream for topping
- green onion as garnish
- salt to taste
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Pull potatoes out of water and let them cool.
- Slice a bit off each end and cut in half.
- Scoop out the insides and reserve in a bowl.
- Put parchment paper on a cookie or sheet tray.
- Lay out potato halves on sheet tray.
- Salt the potato halves and set sheet tray to the side.
- Mash potato insides in a bowl.
- Add bacon, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and butter to the mashed potatoes. Stir.
- Scoop potato mixture into potato halves.
- Bake at 400 °F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and green onions. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.