There is never a bad time to indulge in ice cream, but the summer months are especially ideal for the frozen treat.
When the temperature outside starts to rise, there’s no better way to cool down than with a creamy scoop of ice cream, especially when it’s sandwiched between two freshly baked cookies.
Ice cream sandwiches are the perfect dessert for people of all ages. The best part is that you can mix and match different types of cookies with different ice cream flavors to create new and innovative ice cream sandwiches, like this rainbow cookie ice cream sandwich!
This summer, I’m all about chocolate, so I’m thinking about whipping up these mini chocolate cookie ice cream sandwiches!
These tiny cookies are so easy to make, and you can sandwich your favorite ice cream between them for the perfect, homemade sweet. You can even use these to set up a make-your-own ice cream sandwich bar at your next party so everyone can pick their favorite flavor combos!
To start making these mouthwatering mini ice cream sandwiches, check out the recipe and instructions below, then watch the video for step-by-step instructions.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄8cup cocoa powder
1⁄2cup granulated sugar
- 10 tbsps. unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ice cream
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the sugar and butter until combined and smooth. Gently mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the cocoa mixture and butter mixture.
- On a floured surface, roll out the cocoa mixture and use an ice cube tray to create mini squares in the dough. Use the end of a skewer to make a hole in half of the squares.
- Bake the cocoa dough at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Create an ice cream sandwich using a square without a hole, a scoop of ice cream, and a square with a hole. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.