Eating filling, good-for-you meals throughout the day is very important for your health and metabolism. Unfortunately, when you’re working or constantly on-the-go, it can be hard to find time to sit down and squeeze in a good meal.
That’s why mini, portable foods have become so popular.
Pint-sized portable food, like these mini egg frittatas, allow you to eat on the run, without utensils or plates weighing you down.
These mini meals have been made possible mostly because of the mighty muffin tin and baker’s own imaginations.
Instead of filling with batter to make muffins, these tins can be filled with savory ingredients too!
By adding eggs to the muffin cups, you can make a grab-and-go egg dish. These mini frittatas can be filled with your favorite breakfast ingredients and ready to eat right away. Remember, the bigger your muffin tin, the more frittatas you can make to heat up all week long.
If you’re in need of a protein-filled food you can eat with ease, check out our recipe for mini egg frittatas below.
- 10 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
1⁄2cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked crumbled breakfast sausage, bacon, or diced ham
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a frying pan, cook bell pepper and onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add meat and spinach and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Place 1 Tbsp. into each muffin cup.
- Whisk the Eggland’s Best eggs, adding salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Pour into the muffin tin, leaving ¼ inch of space.
- Cook for 23 to 25 minutes, until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick.