After a big Thanksgiving meal, everyone is slightly comatose, leaning back in their chairs and folding their hands over their pleasantly full bellies. It seems like you couldn’t possibly have any more food, right?
Wrong. There’s dessert. Bring out anything sweet and/or involving whipped cream, and suddenly everyone perks right up.
This Thanksgiving, make dessert even more memorable with some perfectly seasonal cheesecakes that are rich and flavorful enough to satisfy that sweet tooth, but small enough not to cause tummy aches on the ride home.
The nice thing about cheesecake (besides being, well, cheesecake) is that there are so many things you can add to create a new, seasonal dessert.
For Thanksgiving, combining creamy cheesecake with warm and spicy pumpkin pie is the natural choice, but cheesecake is perfect for any other time of year, too, even St. Patrick’s Day with the addition of chocolate and Guinness.
Check out the video and recipe below to see how to make these perfectly bite-size desserts in time for the holiday.
They also make a great after-holiday, recovery-period treat with a cup of coffee or tea. After putting together dishes, table settings, and holiday plans, you deserve at least one!
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg and 2 beaten eggs
1⁄4cup sugar and 1⁄2cup sugar 1⁄2tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup evaporated milk
1⁄4cup canned pumpkin 1⁄4tsp. ginger 1⁄4tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash salt
- 8 mini pie crusts
- whipped cream and cinnamon for topping
- Combine cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, beaten eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until smooth and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Place mini pie crusts on a baking sheet or in a muffin tin.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into bottom of each crust. Fill about halfway.
- Top cream cheese with pumpkin, covering the cream cheese completely.
- Bake at 325 °F for 30 minutes
- Remove, let cool, and top with whipped cream and cinnamon. Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.