A fire ripping through your home is one of the scariest things I can imagine.
Not being home in the event of a fire might seem like a better option, since your life is safer, but imagine being away from your house while a fire tears through it — and your beloved pet is still inside!
Well, that nightmare became a reality for a family in Webster Groves, Missouri.
The Millers were out when their house caught fire. The flames burst through the roof while their beloved dog, Milly, was playing around on the back deck.
Despite this terrifying scene, two neighbors ran straight toward the fire the second they saw it.
Once the neighbors realized Milly was still home, they ran to the back to save her. Homeowner John Miller thinks the pup got stuck, unable to get down the stairs because the flames blocked her way.
Milly was rushed to an animal hospital in pretty bad shape — but thanks to the brave actions of these two men, she should make a full recovery.
Check out the video below to see how Milly is faring now, and to learn what John Miller is doing to thank the two Good Samaritans who saved Milly’s life. Please SHARE this amazing act of bravery and kindness on Facebook!
Footage provided by KTVI St. Louis
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.