Mom’s Eyebrow Skin Peels Off After Microblading Procedure Goes Terribly Wrong

by Emerald Pellot
Emerald Pellot graduated summa cum laude from New York University with a degree in Writing & Popular Culture. She worked as Senior Editor of College Candy for 2 years, covering feminism, popular culture, and college life before joining LittleThings in 2015. Based in New York City, Emerald covers a wide range of topics from human interest pieces to celebrity news.

Amanda Coats went in for a simple microblading appointment that quickly spiraled into a nightmare.

With microblading, a clinician uses a tiny blade to make small cuts in the skin.

Ink is then inserted to make eyebrows appear thicker and darker.

Amanda shared her story on an episode of The Doctors, and they agreed that she must have had an allergic reaction to one of the products. The day after her appointment, Amanda realized something was quite wrong.

“I woke up, and my skin had come off onto the pillow,” she said. “It was red and swollen. I went to the doctor immediately because of the pain and severe swelling.”

The Doctors panel suggested to make sure anyone who performs this procedure is properly licensed.

Typically, those who are allergic to hair or tattoo dyes will also be allergic to what’s used for the microblading procedure.

“If I can help one person, then I don’t mind how bad the photos of me look. I want to make sure no one has to go through what I went through, and that’s the reason I’m speaking out,” Amanda said.

While the mother of two is going to be OK, she did have to pay nearly $1,000 in medical bills to treat her skin.

Please SHARE this story to warn others about the hidden dangers of microblading.

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.