Fresh herbs make everything better. They’re bursting with flavor and vitamins, and they add perfect personality to any meal.
They’re also beautiful and watching things grow is always a delight.
But for many people, having a garden isn’t a practical option. Some people live in small apartments with no yard, while others find kneeling and stooping on the ground to be difficult. So what can you do if you want to garden without the gardening part?
Mason jars, of course! The cute, endlessly DIY-able jars make the perfect planters, and you can have your own mini, windowsill garden in no time.
After you master this, try out our DIY vertical planter for even more growing goodness. We’ll show you how, and be sure to watch the video below to see how it’s done.
- Mason jars
- Herb plants of your choice. We used parsley, oregano, and rosemary.
- Fill the bottom inch or so of your jar with pebbles.
- Place your plant inside the jar and press down gently.
- Tie a decorative ribbon around the jar for extra flair!
- Place in a sunny area, water regularly, and enjoy!
Be sure to watch the video below for amazing step-by-step instructions — and please SHARE if you love gardening!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.