As someone who enjoys a good craft, I have plenty of Mason jars filling my cupboards. They are a great source material for projects with kids or even something as handy as Mason jar bug repellent.
But it never dawned on me that these incredible jars could be used for making one of a kind recipes as well.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see how to make mini cherry pies in Mason jar lids. They really are so simple, and the results are unlike anything you’ve ever seen — or tasted!
In fact, this dessert recipe is easy enough that I might even give it a shot with my nieces and nephews.
Scroll through below for a look at this delicious recipe, and then watch the video to see these Mason jar cherry pies being made.
Will you be giving this yummy sweet treat a try yourself? Let us know in the comments!
- 1 14 oz. box pie crust
- Cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Spread out pie crust.
- Using cookie cutters, cut an equal amount of 3 1/4-inch circles and 3-inch circles from crust.
- Place larger circles in Mason jar lids, folding up the sides.
- Place 3 Tbsps. of cherry pie filling into each mini crust.
- Wet the rim of the crust with water.
- Place smaller crust circles on top of each, attaching along the sides.
- Brush with a combination of egg mixed with 1 Tbsp. water.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Cut an 'X' in the middle of each mini pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to print the recipe, and please SHARE with anyone who loves finding new ways to utilize their Mason jars!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.