As someone who loves to cook, there are always leftovers of some kind or another in my refrigerator.
And rather than simply eating my leftovers as is, I love using them as inspiration to create new and delicious dishes – like these yummy leftover mashed potato appetizer bites.
But my cooking life may never be the same again now that I’ve come across this simple recipe for turning leftover mashed potatoes into fried egg rolls. It sounded crazy at first, but these are some of the tastiest egg rolls I’ve ever had.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see just how simple it is to make mashed potato egg rolls in as little as 15 minutes. And when you serve them at a party, get ready to watch people’s faces as they realize what’s hiding inside of each fried bite!
Check out the easy-to-follow recipe below, and then watch the video to see these delicious rolls being made.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, sliced
1⁄2tsp. garlic powder 1⁄2tsp. onion powder 1⁄4cup bacon bits
- 8 cheese sticks
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, egg, green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, and bacon bits.
- Wrap 3 Tbsps. of mixture around each cheese stick.
- Roll each stick up in an egg roll wrapper, using water to seal.
- Fry egg rolls at 350ºF for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Will you be giving this recipe a try yourself? Let us know in the comments.
Please SHARE this delicious way to transform leftovers with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.