Breakfast might be the most important meal of the day, but we all know that the most fun meal of the day is brunch.
This upstart meal, a combination of breakfast and lunch, has been popular in the U.S. since the 1930s, but has been recently enjoying an impressive renaissance.
These days, few weekend mornings are complete without a leisurely meal of sweet and savory delicacies, often accompanied by a Bloody Mary or mimosa.
Of course, it’s not hard to see why brunch is such a phenomenon; it’s hard to find a more delicious or satisfying meal that’s so easy to prepare!
From tasty mains like these baked potato bowls to delicious sides of fresh greens and whole grains, it’s a yummy, healthful way to enjoy a meal, not to mention an economical and flexible meal well-suited to eating up all of your leftovers at the end of the week.
To that end, consider our new favorite recipe, which takes leftover mashed potatoes and turns them into a crowd-pleasing brunch appetizer that we promise will pair perfectly with a hot cup of coffee and a pile of pancakes.
Print out the recipe below to make these scrumptious Mashed Potato Cups at home!
- 2 eggs
1⁄3cup sour cream
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsps. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups loaded mashed potatoes
1⁄4cup minced chives 1⁄4diced bacon or ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional sour cream and chives to garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes with chives, bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir by hand until mixed well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer. Add sour cream and beat again.
- Beat cheddar and Parmesan into the egg mixture thoroughly.
- Add loaded mashed potatoes to egg mixture. Mix in thoroughly until all ingredients are blended.
- In a greased muffin tin, fill each cup with a scoop of potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400 °F.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives. Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.