If you are anything like me, you probably have a dozen old bottles of nail polish lying around your house.
Maybe you haven’t used some of the polishes for years. You could have outgrown certain colors, or some may have turned clumpy.
The good news is that you don’t have to toss these bottles in the trash; instead, you can use the colorful polishes to create vibrant planters for your home! Who knew?
Simply drizzle different shades of polish into a bowl full of cold water and swirl them together with a skewer. Then, roll a white, painted pot over the multicolored mixture for a gorgeous marbled texture!
Check out the materials and directions below to learn how you can make a marble planter today. Will you give this cute craft a try?
- cold water
- nail polish (various colors)
- white, painted pot
- rubber gloves
- spray sealer
- Fill a bowl ¾ of the way with cold water.
- Drizzle different colors of nail polish into the water.
- Marble the colors using a skewer.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves. Then, dip a white, painted pot into the polish mixture. For best results, roll the edges of the pot over the surface of the water.
- Coat the pot with spray sealer.
- Fill the pot with soil and bury a plant inside.
For more detailed directions, watch the video below. And if you love gardening, please SHARE this DIY project with your friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.