The biggest trend right now in household items is marble — delicate marble designs are taking over tables, countertops, and even electronic devices.
Marble is classy and elegant, and it’s also so classic — the sculptures of ancient Rome were made of marble, which means it’s a material that withstands change.
If you love the marble trend, you’re going to absolutely adore these simple jewelry dishes.
Made of regular old polymer clay — the kind you give to kids to make small sculptures — these jewelry dishes look expensive and elegant, and they’re so cheap and easy to make!
Follow along with the instructions below to learn how to make your own marbled jewelry dishes!
- polymer clay
- small, oven-safe bowl
- gold leaf paint
- Ziploc bag
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- Gather materials.
- Cut desired blocks of polymer clay.
- Roll each color into a thin cylinder, or a “snake.”
- Twist colors of clay together. The more twists, the finer your marbling.
- Roll clay into a ball.
- Cut 3 sides off Ziploc bag.
- Open the bag, place the clay ball inside, then close the bag.
- Roll out the clay ball inside the bag using your rolling pin.
- Cut clay into a circle.
- Bake clay circle in oven-safe bowl for 7 to 10 minutes at 275°F. Let cool.
- Paint rim with gold leaf.
For more in-depth instructions, watch the video below.
If you’re excited to try this beautiful DIY project, please SHARE this article with your friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.