Every morning I wake up way too late after having pushed snooze one too many times on my alarm clock.
I rush through the house trying to get ready as fast as possible, throwing on clothes and rinsing off my face with cold water in an effort to wake up.
If you’re anything like me (aka not a morning person), you know just how hard it is to drag your butt out of your soft, warm bed and get started with the day.
Rushing through my morning routine isn’t normally a problem, except that I often don’t have time to eat breakfast.
I know from years of being told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it’s so easy to run out of time and decide I’ll be fine until lunch rolls around.
Most of the time, it hits 10:00 and my stomach starts growling, desperate for food. I always get part-way through the morning and regret not eating anything, but I think I may have finally found a solution!
These make-ahead smoothies are not only easy and fast, but they’re super simple to make! You can prepare them up to two weeks in advance and in less than five minutes each morning you can have a healthy, filling breakfast ready to go.
Plus, if you have kids or grandkids, they’ll have a blast making their own smoothies and choosing exactly which fruits and veggies to put into their mason jars.
If you can’t wait to try out these smoothies, print out the recipe card below!
- Put your favorite fruits (and veggies) into regular-mouth Mason jars.
- Store Mason jars in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- When you're ready to blend, take the Mason jar out of the freezer and add your favorite type of milk.
- Unscrew the blade from your blender and screw it onto your Mason jar!
- Blend your smoothie on the pulse setting, making sure to hold the Mason jar while blending.
- Remove the blender blade.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.