St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and that means it’s time to start stocking up on seasonal treats!
This holiday — which falls on March 17 every year and features tons of delicious food — is often associated with Ireland, the color green, and lots of good luck. With that in mind, we decided to put together a recipe that will serve as a totally tasty good luck charm for your St. Paddy’s festivities.
It’s a seasonal take on classic marshmallow squares. You probably enjoyed these chewy, crispy treats as a kid, but we bet they weren’t quite as dolled up as our lucky version!
This version is super simple to make. You’ll just need crispy cereal, marshmallows, a few of those dehydrated cereal marshmallows, and a bit of green food coloring. Before you know it, you’ll have a crowd-pleasing treat that will make everyone happy come St. Patrick’s Day.
Print out the recipe below to try making these yummy lucky marshmallow squares at home!
- 4 cups Marshmallows
1⁄2tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Green food coloring
- 5 cups Crispy rice cereal
3⁄4cup Cereal marshmallows
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add in marshmallows, then stir gently until melted.
- Swirl in vanilla and green food coloring until they are evenly spread, then remove marshmallow mixture from heat.
- Dump cereal into marshmallow mix and stir until well-coated and sticky. Dump cereal marshmallows on top, then stir in until evenly distributed.
- Press mixture into shallow lined pan and let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares, wrap (if desired), and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.