Lemon desserts are the perfect combination of zesty and sweet, and there are so many ways to enjoy these tasty treats! From lemon flower tarts to a chilled lemon sorbet, there is no shortage of ways to incorporate lemon into your dessert offerings.
Lately, these lemon meringue cupcakes have been one of our favorite lemon desserts to make. They are much easier to serve than the classic pie form, and they still incorporate all of the flavors that we know and love.
The best part of this cupcake recipe is how it manages to use every nutritious part of the egg to make a lemon filling and meringue topping. No part of our nutritious Eggland’s Best eggs go to waste.
These lemon meringue cupcakes are always a huge hit, especially during the holiday season. When your guests bite into one, they’ll be pleasantly surprised by a burst of lemon meringue filling.
No matter what the occasion is, these delicious cupcakes are sure to make a statement.
Check out the ingredients and recipe below, and watch the video to see exactly how these cupcakes are assembled.
Do you know someone who loves to bake for the holidays? Make sure to SHARE this cupcake recipe with them!
- 1 carton Eggland's Best eggs
- 5 lemons
1⁄4cups sugar, divided
- 6 tbsps. butter, cubed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- vanilla cupcake mix
- Separate the yolks and whites of three Eggland's Best eggs.
- Zest two lemons, and juice three.
- Make a double boiler and whisk together the egg yolks, 3/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for 6 minutes and remove from heat. Add the butter, and let set in refrigerator.
- In another bowl, beat the Eggland’s Best egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract with electric mixer to make meringue.
- Bake vanilla cupcakes as package directs. Carve a 1-inch hole into each vanilla cupcake, and pour the lemon sauce into the hole.
- Cover the cupcake with the meringue topping, and brown with a kitchen torch. Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.