If you’ve ever had cheese fondue, you know how delicious it is. The first time I had it, I swear it was completely life-changing.
I’m a huge fan of cheese in general, but there’s nothing better than melted cheese, especially when you can dip anything you want into it.
When it comes to making fondue, there are two camps of people: people who think that much deliciousness must be impossible to make, and people who think all you have to do is microwave some cheese.
The actual answer is somewhere in between — fondue definitely isn’t just melted cheese, but it is actually really easy to make.
For this incredible recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients!
This recipe is here just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, which is perfect because this is a great party snack or dinner appetizer. All you need is some Irish cheddar cheese, some white wine, and some Irish whiskey, and your St. Patty’s day food will be to die for.
Check out the recipe below and print out the recipe card to make it at home!
- 1 clove Garlic, halved
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1.5 lbs. Irish cheddar cheese, shredded/grated
- 1.5 Tbsps. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsps. Irish whiskey
- Kosher/sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Rub the cut side of the halved garlic cloves inside a large, heavy pot (cast iron is preferable).
- Put the pot on medium-high heat.
- Add wine to the pot, and bring it to a simmer.
- Toss the cheese and cornstarch together.
- Add the cheese to the simmering wine, one handful at a time.
- Stir the cheese until it melts, then add another handful. Continue until all the cheese is mixed in.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir continually until cheese is completely melted.
- Add whiskey and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread, sausage, and other dipping options, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.