If you prefer your breakfast savory, with a little bit of a kick, you’re going to flip for our spicy huevos rancheros tostadas.
Huevos rancheros, which translates to ‘rancher’s eggs,’ originated from a hearty Mexican recipe enjoyed by hardworking farmers and ranchers.
Now it’s popular all over the world, and for good reason!
While we certainly have a place in our hearts for sweet morning meals like these delicious pancake-batter muffins, there are some days where you just can’t beat a salty, savory breakfast.
If that’s your mood, you definitely can’t go wrong with these huevos rancheros tostadas!
To make this recipe pop, you make bean spread and a spicy avocado salsa verde, then spread it all over a crispy fried mini-tortilla.
Pop a fried sunny-side egg on top, and add plenty of melty cheese for a breakfast that will keep you totally satisfied until lunch!
Print out the recipe below to try it for yourself!
- 1 can black beans
1⁄2tsp. chili powder
1⁄2tsp. garlic powder
- To taste juice of one lime, divided
- To taste salt
- 2 tomatillos, diced
- 1 avocado
1⁄4cup cilantro leaves
- 8 small tortillas
- To taste shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- To taste sliced tomato
- Combine beans, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, 1/2 of the lime juice, and a pinch of salt a in food processor or blender, then pulse until semi-smooth. Set aside.
- Combine tomatillo, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, remaining lime juice, a pinch of salt in food processor or blender. Mix well and set aside.
- Fry mini tortillas until crispy, then plate.
- Spread bean mixture on top of tortillas, then add a generous pinch of cheese to each. Bake a few minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Fry eggs sunny-side up, then place one egg on each tortilla, and top with avocado salsa verde, sliced tomato, and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.