Cute and adorable cake pops have become a major baking craze over the past couple of years. Now, everyone is wants to learn how to make cake pops right at home!
In fact, we’d say that the trend is right up there with the cronut and the rainbow bagel! Best of all, cake pops are a recipe that anyone can master.
We love the trend so much, we decided to figure out how to make cake pops ourselves. Our recipe calls for ordinary boxed cake mix, chocolate melts, and almost nothing else. The only specialty item you might need to track down is lollipop sticks!
Below, we’ll teach you how to make cake pops with cake mix, for a no fuss crowd-pleaser.
There’s no specialized equipment, no fancy baking techniques, just ordinary cake! Except, y’know, in pop form! Nowadays, you can even buy cake pop molds online for extra-perfect shaping.
That said, we wanted to learn how to make cake pops without a mold. Scroll through below to check out the easy and speedy cake pop recipe.
And if you’re looking for an occasion to use them, might we suggest a baby shower? Baby shower cake pops make for an adorable gender reveal announcement!
- 2 boxes cake mix
- 2 cups white chocolate melts
- Food coloring (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
- Prepare cake mix as instructed on the package and add food coloring to batter, if desired. Bake as instructed.
- Break cake up into fine crumbs.
- Grab a small handful of crumbs and about a 1/2 teaspoon of frosting, and roll together until ball forms. Repeat.
- Take a handful of candy melts and melt slightly until liquid. Dip end of lollipop stick in chocolate.
- Press lollipop stick about halfway into each cake ball.
- Place balls on freezer-safe surface and freeze 1/2 hour.
- Melt more chocolate melts in a container deep enough for whole cake ball to fit.
- Dip each cake ball in chocolate until completely submerged.
- Before chocolate dries, decorate with sprinkles, then allow to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!