It might sound impossible, but chef Vanessa Cantave has an incredible recipe that you’ll be able to cook up in under 30 minutes.
Cavatelli with Bacon and Spring Peas might sound complicated, but at the end of the day it’s not only easy to make, it’s totally delicious and the result looks like it belongs on a food magazine cover!
Cooking for friends and family can often feel like a scary task, but with Chef Cantave there by your side, you can be sure that you’ll be able to make them all think you’ve been to culinary school. Thank goodness she’s here with us in the LittleThings kitchen to show us all her kitchen hacks, tips, and tricks!
Check out the easy recipe below, and please let us know if you plan to try this out for your beautiful friends and family! It looks too perfect to eat, but we think we’d eventually be able to manage!
Please SHARE this delicious meal if you’d love to eat it all up with your family and friends!
- 1 lb. cavatelli
- 1 lb. slab bacon, large dice
- 1 ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan-Reggiano
- Cook cavatelli in large pot of boiling, salted water until almost tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid, then drain pasta in colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to large sauté pan and cook over medium-low heat until fat is rendered and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Remove bacon and set to the side. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the rendered bacon fat.
- Add onions and red pepper flakes to sauté pan and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until onions are soft.
- Return bacon to the pan along with the peas and cream. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add drained pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan, and stir until combined.
- Serve in individual bowls or one large platter for family style.
And please SHARE this amazing recipe on your Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.