Mounds bars have always been one of my favorite sugary treats. Filled with chewy coconut and coated with silky chocolate, this classic candy bar truly delights the taste buds.
But until today, I had no idea these delicious candies could be made right in my very own kitchen! Just as this decadent homemade fudge recipe proves, you don’t need a candy aisle with easy at-home recipes like this.
In an exclusive video below, we share an incredibly simple recipe for making homemade Mounds bars — and the results are spot-on!
Check out the recipe to make these chocolate candy bars yourself, then watch the tutorial in the video below for the easy step-by-step instructions.
Will you be making a batch of homemade Mounds bars? Let us know in the comments what other dessert tutorials you’d like to see.
Please SHARE this recipe with friends and family that have a major sweet tooth!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 15 oz. milk cooking chocolate
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well until it's a thick, sticky paste.
- Using your hands, form little rectangles with the mixture. Press firmly so that they don't lose their shape.
- Arrange rectangles on a baking sheet-lined tray. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 10 oz. of chocolate for 30 seconds.
- Put in remaining 5 oz. of chocolate, and stir until completely melted.
- Take out rectangles from the freezer. Using forks, dip them into the chocolate and cover on all sides.
- When finished, arrange coated bars on a lined baking sheet.
- Allow them to set for 2 to 3 hours. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.