As a young working professional who lives alone, there’s nothing I love more than home hacks that simplify tough tasks.
Whether it’s painting hacks to ease my home renovations or a genius way to turn a cup into a speaker, I am always incorporating tips and tricks I find online or hear from friends into my everyday routine.
But no matter how many hacks I read about or try for myself, I am always shocked by how innovative people can be with their household items. I would never think to use my can opener to open a tough package, or sharpen a pair of dull scissors with sandpaper, but now that I’ve tried these hacks at home, I can’t imagine living without them!
Whether you’re cleaning up in the kitchen or doing an art project with your kids, these six household hacks are guaranteed to make your life easier. Check out the tricks below, and watch the video to see how they’re done!
- Drop a denture tablet into the toilet to clean a tough stain.
- Use a can opener to unseal the edge of a hard-to-open blister pack.
- Cut sandpaper with a pair of dull scissors to sharpen them.
- Spread white vinegar on a cutting board before chopping onions to avoid tearing up.
- Place rubber bands around the base and lid of a stubborn pickle jar to open it.
- Use salt and lemon to remove stains from a cutting board.
Did any of these tricks surprise you? Make sure to SHARE them on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.