Family Home Catches Fire In The Middle Of The Night, But Their Dog Is The Only One Who Realizes

by Mauricio Castillo
Mauricio has been writing for 11 years and is deeply into movies, sports and anything funny.

The intelligence of dogs never ceases to amaze me. They have an almost uncanny ability to know when something just isn’t right.

The Lomax family was fast asleep in their house in the early hours of the morning on Wednesday, January 17.

All seven of them, three of which are children, were inside.

Aubrey Lomax has lived and raised his family in that house in West Philadelphia for more than 30 years.

And on that morning, it was on fire.

None of the members of the family realized what was happening.

None but the youngest member: a 1-year-old Labrador/German shepherd named Jack.

Jack, realizing something was wrong, instantly began to bark and lick the face of his family members, desperately trying to wake them.

Finally, Lomax’s son’s girlfriend woke up and instantly started screaming for everyone to wake up, recognizing the situation.

If it wasn’t for Jack, who knows what would have happened.

“I’m glad he was there at the time because I could have lost my daughter and [my girlfriend] at the same time,” said Aubrey Lomax III.

The entire family was able to escape the fire safely, but their house suffered a worse fate.

Upon calling the authorities, Frank Frake of Red Paw Emergency Relief (the Red Cross for the animals) arrived to the scene to take Jack to safety while the family got themselves back on their feet. Though the pup did not want to leave his family’s side.

I was literally walking up and down the street for 45 minutes trying to figure out if I can take this animal,” said Frake.

In the end, Jack left with Frake, but he is eager to return to his family.

The family said their house was not insured, and they set up a GoFundMe page for any and all donations.

Please SHARE this heroic dog’s efforts!

Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.