A Chick-fil-A employee, at a Highland Ranch, Colorado location, was eating lunch with a group of coworkers when suddenly he stood right up. He begin to show signs that he was choking as he signaled to his throat.
The harrowing moment was captured on security cameras in the store. It seems as though no one notices until his coworker, Andrew Myrant leaped up. He immediately began to do the Heimlich maneuver.
Andrew wrapped his arms around the choking employee who then spit up the food lodged in his throat into a paper bag. Once the person was saved, Andrew sat right back down, finished his lunch, and seemed totally unfazed by the situation.
The life-saving deed was conducted all by an employee whose manager described him as a “mild-mannered” college student. That just goes to show you never know what someone is capable of until they’re put to the test. Andrew is now a hero.
Knowing the Heimlich maneuver can be the difference between life or death. Not just for adults, but did you know there’s the Heimlich for both babies and pets?
Check out Little Things’ guide on knowing how to do all three versions — just in case. You don’t want to feel helpless if it ever comes down to it.
Please SHARE this ordinary hero’s tale on Facebook to give him the credit he deserves.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.