Your Easter baskets will be the talk of the town this year thanks to our simple recipe for “hatching” Easter treats!
These delicious and adorable “eggs” are the perfect homemade treat to celebrate the holiday, and they’ll give the kiddos in your life an awesome surprise snack at the same time.
Inspired by similar treats, this recipe uses Rice Krispies cereal and marshmallow Peeps to create an instant classic.
We’ve shown you before how to use Peeps to make marshmallow treats, but these Easter basket desserts have an extra surprise inside: tiny chocolate candies!
It’s a yummy twist on other kinds of Easter eggs that are made of chocolate and stuffed with other candies and fillings.
Even better, you can make these eggs without any kind of special mold; all you need is an ordinary plastic toy egg to shape your hatching Easter treats to perfection.
Print out the recipe below to try this yummy dessert for yourself!
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 10-pack Peeps
1⁄2cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup small chocolate candies
- As needed plastic 2-piece Easter eggs
- As needed cooking spray
- In a hot pan, melt butter and then add marshmallow Peeps. Stir until they melt smoothly.
- Pour melted marshmallow into large mix bowl and add rice Rice Krispies. Stir until cereal is fully coated and sticky.
- Spray insides of plastic Easter eggs with cooking spray. Press cereal mixture into eggs, and use thumb to make indent in cereal on either side.
- Pour chocolate candies into the indents in the middle of the eggs. Bring both sides of plastic egg together and press shut.
- Squeeze egg firmly shut, then carefully reopen the plastic egg and remove. Inside, you should have a perfect crispy egg treat!
- Serve up on Easter day, and watch your guests' faces when they crack open their eggs!
- Happy Easter!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.