If you love a savory breakfast as much as we do, you’ll go nuts for our deliciously cheesy hash brown waffles!
This yummy morning treat is the tastiest way to start your day — these “waffles” are like a perfect marriage between loaded potato skins and breakfast potatoes.
Basically, you get all the key ingredients for a perfect savory breakfast, all packed into one savory, crispy dish.
You have cheese, eggs, bacon, and the classic waffle all blended together into a beautiful symphony of flavors and textures.
Our recipe calls for classic ingredients like bacon and cheese, but you could also adapt this recipe to suit any leftovers you have in your fridge.
How delicious would these be with a few chopped up andouille sausages and bell peppers? Like the hash brown waffles version of a Southwest omelette!
There are a million different possibilities for this tasty meal. Check out the recipe below to learn the basics, then tell us all about your own innovations in the comments below!
- 20 oz. hash browns
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1⁄2tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
1⁄2tsp. black pepper
1⁄2tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1⁄2tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 8 oz. package bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 large pinch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- To taste sour cream
- To taste chives, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together well, until all ingredients are fully mixed in.
- Scoop potatoes into greased, heated waffle iron and seal closed 2 to 3 minutes, until batter stops steaming.
- Top with sour cream and chives, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.