It’s early March now, and you can practically taste spring in the air.
Daffodils are pushing up, crocuses are starting to bloom, and all of that means that St. Paddy’s Day and all the festivities that come with it are just two short weeks away!
Fortunately, that’s plenty of time to plan a truly awesome party to celebrate the holiday! The color scheme is a given, if you’re planning to celebrate the Emerald Isle, so there’s really only one thing to plan: the menu!
I’m already planning to kick things off with this awesome recipe for corned beef sliders, which puts a super-tasty spin on an old country classic! But for dessert? Well, it’s honestly hard to pick between yummy treats!
But after lots of back and forth, I think I have a clear winner! Delicious and beautiful to look at, this cookie crumb cheesecake — with a quintessential Irish twist — is perfect for the holiday.
To whip this up at home, print out the recipe below.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1⁄8cups sugar 1⁄4tsp. cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsps. butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsps. heavy cream
- 3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Dash of salt
- 2 tsps. vanilla
3⁄4cup Guinness Irish Stout
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Combine cookie crumbs, 2 Tbsps. (1/8 cup) of sugar, cocoa powder, and butter in a bowl. Mix well.
- Press into 9-inch nonstick springform pan.
- In a microwave-safe container, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Microwave 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Continue stirring to complete melting.
- In a standing mixer, mix softened cream cheese.
- Add remaining sugar and eggs, mix again. Add melted chocolate, mix again.
- Add sour cream, dash of salt, vanilla, and Guinness. Mix once more.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto the cookie crumb crust.
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 50 minutes. Leave in the oven with door ajar for another 50 minutes.
- Chill at least four hours.
- Once cool, use a shamrock stencil and powdered sugar to create a shamrock shape on the top.
- Serve cake cool, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.