After a long weekend of stuffing my face with french fries and pancakes, I always try to hop back on the diet train on Monday with a hearty salad for lunch.
However, coming up with creative salad recipes every week is no easy feat, especially when I’m relying on the limited ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry.
Thankfully, with the right recipe, a simple salad lunch can be transformed into a meal worth looking forward to. There are so many creative ways to innovate with just a few basic ingredients that will leave you feeling healthy and full.
A grilled salad is a mouthwatering way to up your salad game with minimal effort.
In fact, this salad doesn’t even have lettuce, so you don’t have to worry about chopping up or de-stemming a leafy base.
To create this wholesome meal, all you have to do is grill up some farm-fresh vegetables like summer squash and zucchini and toss them in a homemade citrusy dressing. To top it all off, sprinkle your vegetables with creamy feta cheese and you’re ready to eat!
Find a complete list of ingredients and instructions on how to make this salad below, along with a step-by-step video you can follow along to while you cook!
- 1 zucchini, halved
- 1 summer squash, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into fourths
- 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lemon, zested
1⁄4cup lemon juice
1⁄4cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- basil, chopped
- 1 ear corn
- feta cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- Lay vegetables on a baking tray and brush with oil.
- Grill vegetables until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop vegetables and toss in dressing.
- Sprinkle salad with feta cheese.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.