When it comes to food, “bigger” pretty much always means “better.”
It’s true! Every kid secretly wishes for one of those massive Hershey kisses to show up in his Easter basket or Christmas stocking.
The simple fact that it’s a giant version of a common snack must be what makes the experience so exhilarating for youngsters.
The huge food fad doesn’t only attract children, though. What adult could ever refuse a piece of the oversized chocolate chip cookies we call “cookie cakes?” And who hasn’t purchased a “Big Gulp” full of her favorite soda while on a road trip? Jumbo-sized foods just have an indisputable appeal.
If you are like me and are constantly in search of ways to relive your childhood food fantasies, then you definitely need to check out this recipe for making one GIANT donut!
Watch a common bundt cake transform into a colorful, over-sized donut before your eyes! All you need is some frosting, hot pink fondant, edible lacquer, and rainbow sprinkles. I never would have guessed that making such an impressive dessert could be this easy!
Check out the directions below and watch the instructional video to learn how to make the jumbo treat today. I hope you are as excited as I am to try it!
- bundt cake
- all-purpose flour
- pink fondant
- edible lacquer
- rainbow sprinkles
- Bake your favorite recipe in a bundt cake pan.
- Using a spreading knife, completely cover the baked cake in frosting.
- Trace the bundt pan on a piece of wax paper. Cut out the shape, including the small inner-circle.
- Dust your countertop or a cutting board with flour. Roll pink fondant out flat using a rolling pin.
- Place the wax paper on top of the fondant, then use a knife to cut waves around the edges.
- Drape the fondant over the frosting-covered cake. Use your finger to smooth it over.
- Glaze the cake with edible lacquer using a cooking brush, then add sprinkles on top.
- Allow the lacquer to dry, then cut and serve like cake. Enjoy your giant donut!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.