If you’re expecting a little bundle of joy sometime soon, you may be at a loss trying to figure out how to announce the big news! Our adorable gender reveal cupcakes are the perfect way to let family and friends in on your secret!
Whether you have already announced that the stork is on its way, or you’re just getting around to telling people, you can make that special moment even sweeter with little desserts that reveal whether the baby will be a boy or a girl.
Lots of parents choose to learn the gender, and then make a big reveal to friends and family as they get closer to the due date.
There are a million gender reveal ideas out there (we particularly love this dramatic balloon announcement!), but these cupcakes are the perfect, low-key way to share your joy.
Whip up these gender reveal cupcakes for the baby shower, and then watch grandparents and aunties lose their cool while you plan for the new arrival!
Print out the recipe below to give this a try.
- 2 boxes vanilla cake mix
- red food coloring (to taste)
- blue food coloring (to taste)
- vanilla frosting (to taste)
- Mix up two separate batches of cake mix according to the box.
- Leave one batch plain, and set aside. For the other batch, add food coloring to the batter. Blue for a boy, or pink for a girl.
- Bake the pink or blue cake batter in a flat pan. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to punch out heart shapes, then set these cutouts aside.
- Line a muffin tray with paper baking cups. Place a generous dollop of uncooked, plain batter in the bottom of each cup, then top with one of the heart cutouts, point-side down.
- Next, fill the remainder of the baking cups with batter until all are completely covered. Bake cupcakes according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix up separate batches of blue and pink frosting. Mix both colors of frosting in the same piping bag.
- When cupcakes have cooled, pipe swirls of the pink-and-blue frosting to their tops. This maintains the surprise!
- Serve, and let guests bite in to find out whether you're welcoming a little girl or a little boy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.