Funfetti has become the go-to for special celebrations, but it isn’t just for birthday cakes!
One of our new favorite ways to use sprinkle cake mix? To make French toast, which will be sure to take the breakfast classic to a whole new level of awesome.
Seriously, what could be better than waking up to this delightfully colorful treat!
You can eat this sweet treat as is (right out of the oven), or drizzle it with warm maple syrup to give it that little touch of something extra.
There’s more good news as far as this recipe is concerned: Not only is this French toast delicious, it is really easy to make.
Funfetti French toast is perfect for weekly Sunday brunch, or for more special celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries.
This fun take on French toast will appeal to the kid in everyone, no matter what age, and don’t be surprised if your family and friends come begging for seconds, it’s sure to be that much of a crowd pleaser.
Scroll below for the recipe, and then watch the video to see exactly how this French toast is made.
As obsessed with this recipe as we are? Make sure to SHARE it with your fellow dessert lovers on Facebook!
- 1 loaf of bread
- 8 Eggland's Best eggs
1⁄2cups milk 1⁄2cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 5 tbsps. sprinkles
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- For topping: 1 cup Funfetti cake mix and 1 stick butter, cut in pieces
- Grease casserole dish.
- Tear bread into bite-size pieces and layer in the dish.
- Whisk together Eggland's Best eggs, milk, heavy whipping cream, cake mix, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sprinkles. Pour over bread.
- Cover and store in fridge overnight.
- In another bowl, stir cake mix and butter together for the topping. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Crumble premade topping and nonpareil sprinkles over the top of the bread.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: Drizzle maple syrup on top.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.