Fall is in full swing and that means crisp, cool weather, beautiful foliage, comfy knitted clothes, and pumpkin everything.
The festive flavor has become so popular that you can enjoy it in everything from doughnuts, to coffee creamers, to tubes of Pringles!
You can also enjoy pumpkin in your favorite pastries, like pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, and — of course — pumpkin pie!
Pumpkin can also be added to dishes like pastas or soups — though you definitely see much fewer savory pumpkin applications!
But we have a unique recipe that showcases canned pumpkin as a great savory ingredient — by frying it!
These yummy Parmesan pumpkin poppers are delicious, easy to make, and a definite must-try for your family or at a special festive occasion.
Check out our recipe below — it will make you see pumpkin in a completely different light!
- 2 eggs
1⁄2cups canned pumpkin 1⁄2cup flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 2 tsps. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- vegetable oil for frying
3⁄4cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps. chopped rosemary
- Add eggs and canned pumpkin to a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 °F.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil and fry for about 2 minutes, flipping periodically.
- Dry the poppers on a paper towel, top with rosemary and Parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy, perhaps with your favorite dipping sauce!
And don't forget to SHARE the recipe with friends and family on Facebook.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.