When it comes to side dishes, French fries and onion rings have certainly dominated for decades. But that doesn’t mean I’m not open to trying something new on the side of a delicious burger!
There are quite a few yummy side dish options out there — like these one-of-a-kind spiral potato chips on a stick. And now that I’ve stumbled upon this twist on a traditional onion ring, I’ll definitely be adding it to my list of favorites.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see just how easy it is to make fried green peppers. These tasty rings are just like onion rings, but with even more flavor inside of each one.
Not only do these poblano peppers pack in the deliciousness, but each pepper is coated in a mouthwatering beer batter, made from beer and Bisquick.
Scroll through below for a look at this simple recipe, and then watch the video to see these fried green peppers being made. I can’t wait to try them myself!
1⁄2cup mayonnaise 1⁄4cup sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsps. horseradish
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsps. mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 poblano peppers
- Frying oil
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, horseradish, paprika, honey, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In separate bowl, combine Bisquick and beer until batter is thin.
- Chop peppers to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Dust peppers with a bit of additional Bisquick.
- Dip pepper rings into beer batter.
- In frying pan, preheat frying oil to 325 °F.
- Cook pepper rings in oil until brown and crispy, flipping as necessary.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Will you be trying these on the side of your next burger? Let us know in the comments.
Please SHARE this delicious new side dish recipe with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.