If you love eating raw cookie dough with a spoon, you definitely need our ooey-gooey recipe for fried cookie dough in your life!
Raw cookie dough might be delicious guilty pleasure (and the perfect balm for a bad day) but there’s a reason you are not supposed to eat it.
All that decadent creamy dough is loaded with raw egg, which can contain bacteria that can make you seriously sick to your stomach.
Fortunately, there’s no reason you have to end your love affair with cookie dough! You can recreate all that chewy goodness, and add a double-dose of melty chocolate, by taking the ordinary batter and transforming it into fried cookie dough!
Our recipe will teach you how to make a chocolate chip version of this yummy treat, but this recipe is also super versatile. You could easily adapt it to your other favorite cookie recipes, like our chewy oatmeal and chocolate recipe.
No matter how you make it, we’re sure you’ll fall head-over0heels for this fried cookie dough recipe in no time at all.
1⁄4cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
1⁄2cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
1⁄4cups Flour, divided
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsps. Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups Additional vegetable oil
- To taste Chocolate syrup
- To taste Powdered sugar
- Combine butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend together well.
- Add 1 cup of flour and chocolate chips, then mix together until dough forms.
- Shape pinches of dough into balls, then lay out in even rows on lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together well.
- Add milk and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to dry ingredients, then mix until batter forms.
- Dunk each dough ball in batter until completely covered, then fry in remaining oil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust fried dough with powder sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup, then serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.