Most of the time, I try to be a healthy eater, getting plenty of whole grains and omega-3s whenever possible.
Still, healthy isn’t the be-all and end-all of my world. Sometimes in life, you just have to let go and live a little!
That’s why I’m also a big believer in occasionally ignoring the vitamins and nutrition labels, and eating things that are just downright delicious!
For dessert, I’ll go for something decadent like these delectable cherry pie pops.
For a savory snack, on the other hand, I like to stick with classic appetizers that satisfy the craving for crunchy and salty food with a bit of a kick.
With that in mind, the experts in the LittleThings kitchen hit on the idea of combining two fan favorite snacks with a proven track record — chicken fingers and onion rings — into one delectable treat!
Print out the recipe below to try making these Fried Chicken Rings yourself!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup flour
1⁄4tsp. pepper 1⁄2tsp. garlic powder 1⁄2tsp. paprika 1⁄2tsp. onion powder
- Lay chicken out, and dry it slightly with paper towels.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten out the chicken and tenderize it, then cut it into roughly 1-inch strips.
- Pour milk into a bowl, and whisk in egg.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, pepper, garlic, paprika, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Dip each chicken strip in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Make a ring shape out of the strip, and skewer it into place.
- Heat oil to 350 °F, and fry rings for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with dipping sauces of your choice, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.