We generally use bananas for light, healthy breakfasts or quick sweet treats in between meals.
But what if I told you that there was a way to make this yummy fruit a little bit more decadent?
These banana fritters are an easy way to make an indulgent dessert out of something that you probably have in your kitchen right now.
It takes only a few ingredients to make the batter, then you fry them until they form a delicious golden brown crust.
Whatever the reason, these fritters are a fun deviation from their traditional apple counterparts — and it’s a great way to put all those browning bananas to good use!
Watch the video below to learn how to quickly mix, batter, fry, and gobble these yummy treats up!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄4tsp. baking soda
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- cooking oil
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Blend together the egg, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and 1 of the peeled bananas.
- Peel and chop the other banana.
- Add it to the flour mixture, then add the wet ingredients.
- Carefully fold together until just combined.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter in 350 °F oil.
- Fry until golden-brown on each side.
- Serve and enjoy.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.