When it comes to cooking a delicious meal that’s packed full of nutrients, it’s pretty hard to top a nice salmon fillet.
Pound for pound, salmon has just as much protein as most other meats, plus tons of extra omega-3’s, all added on top of being an especially filling meal. With all of that going for it, it’s a wonder that more people don’t cook salmon at home!
I, for one, only eat salmon when I’m ordering out, even though restaurant food is much pricier than it would be if I just made it myself. The reason for that is simple: I’m not confident in my ability to properly cook seafood.
Like a lot of home cooks, I get anxious about cooking fish properly, and making sure it still tastes good. That’s part of the reason I confine most of my home cooking to recipes that don’t dependent on heat, like my current favorite dessert, Cherry Cheesecake Trifle.
After all, if you aren’t a confident cook, you don’t want to waste a perfectly good piece of fish by messing up the process.
That’s why I was thrilled when I discovered there’s an easy way to prepare salmon for the whole family — one that’s just as delicious and satisfying as it is simple!
To try our foolproof recipe for Pesto Salmon Packets, print out the simple recipe below!
1⁄4lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 12 Tbsps. pesto
- Feta cheese
- Fresh lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch green beans for 3 minutes. Shock and drain.
- Mix green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix halved tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread 3 Tbsps. of pesto across the top of each salmon fillet.
- On a piece of tin foil, layer one salmon fillet on a bed of green beans, and top with grape tomatoes.
- Wrap foil around the ingredients, crimping tightly to seal. Repeat for each fillet.
- Bake packets 20 to 25 minutes at 400 °F.
- Remove from oven and unseal the packets.
- Top each fillet with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Garnish each packet with feta and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.