This super easy recipe for French potato salad is the perfect side dish for summer parties and potlucks.
Or you can whip it up for your family to enjoy out on the porch! In any case, you can definitely count on it putting a smile on everyone’s face with the very first bite.
Unlike classic potato salad that uses heavy mayonnaise, the dressing for this uses champagne vinegar and olive oil for a lighter touch. Not that the old fashioned version isn’t also delicious, but sometimes you’re just in the mood for something less substantial.
Trust me, you’ll want to pick up a sack of red potatoes on your next trip to the grocery store when you see the mouth-watering result. Plus, the fresh herbs really give this side dish a perfect summery flavor.
You can even print out the super simple recipe for French potato salad to add to your own personal cookbook.
- 2 tbsps. diced chives
- 2 tbsps. diced tarragon
- 2 tbsps. diced thyme
- 2 shallots
- 8 red potatoes
- 3 tbsps. champagne vinegar
- 4 minced garlic cloves
1⁄2cup potato water
- 4 tbsps. mustard
1⁄2cup olive oil
- 4 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Dice the chives, herbs, and shallots then set aside.
- Slice potatoes and boil with salt for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, potato water, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the diced chives, herbs, and shallots, then pour on top of potatoes.
- Pour the liquid mixture over everything and stir well before serving.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.