The Fourth of July is the one holiday when my four favorite elements of American life converge: freedom, fireworks, friends, and food.
Independence Day is a celebration of the values we all share as Americans.
We commemorate the day our nation became sovereign and show gratitude for the people who have worked tirelessly to secure our freedom. We sit cross-legged on quilts in the summer grass and watch as spectacular fireworks burst overhead. We get together with family, friends, and community members and share in each other’s joy.
On this day, we Americans also eat some pretty phenomenal food too!
In my home state of Kentucky, my family covers foldable, plastic tables with savory snacks and goodies galore. And after indulging in some crispy fried chicken, you simply have to top off the celebration with a slice of your favorite festive treat.
This year, I am excited to add some flare to my family’s summer cookout by making this beautiful Fourth of July Bundt cake! The recipe is simple, and the finished product is absolutely stunning. Will you give it a try?
Check out the ingredients and instructional video below to learn how to decorate your very own firecracker treat for Independence Day!
- White cake batter
- Food coloring (red, white, and blue)
- Tubed icing (red, white, and blue)
- Sprinkles (white and gold)
- Divide white cake batter into 3 bowls.
- Stir in a few drops of food coloring to dye one bowl of batter blue and one red.
- Layer the batter into a Bundt pan.
- Bake the cake between 35 and 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Decorate by drizzling red, white, and blue icing in layers on top of the baked cake.
- Add white and gold sprinkles on top to resemble firecrackers.
- Cut and serve!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.