Spring is here, folks. The flowers are beginning to nudge their way up through the soil, and the days grow longer and brighter.
It really is a wonderful, happy time of year.
One thing that I think of when spring comes around are all of the yummy treats. Growing up in a family that celebrated Easter with baskets full of beautiful chocolates and other sweet treats, I’ll always think of candies, cakes, and cookies at the beginning of spring.
Easter aside, who doesn’t love a beautifully tasty treat? There’s nothing like sitting on your back porch on a sunny morning, wrapped in a light sweater, and snacking on a special treat while the birds chitter chatter away.
This spring cupcake takes cupcake decorating to a whole new level. If you place these guys on your springtime party spread, they’ll double as decoration and dessert. The moment I saw these terra-cotta pot cupcakes, I knew I had to make them right away!
- Cake mix
- 1 cup water
1⁄3cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 12 mini terra-cotta pots
- Green icing
- Candy flowers
- Cupcake liners
- Mix up your cake mix according to directions on box. Ingredients will vary depending on your favorite mix!
- Line mini terra-cotta pots with cupcake liners.
- Fill the lined pots with batter.
- Bake according to the instructions on your cake mix box.
- Let cool.
- Pipe icing using a star or flower piping tip. Or, ice manually for a smoother look.
- Add candy flowers.
- Enjoy your sweet spring treat!
Please SHARE to see if your loved ones want to help put their own creative spin on this amazing idea!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.