With Father’s Day coming up in just a few short days, we’re practically overflowing with gift ideas for the dads in our lives!
We’re earmarking barbecues accessories for the foodie types, sharp cufflinks for the distinguished gentlemen, and, of course, dance lessons for the Dad who just wants to do the “Whip Nae Nae” dance justice.
But what about all the dads in between? If you’re anything like me, you’re planning a big Father’s Day brunch for friends and family, and need a good gift to hand out to everybody!
With that in mind, we put on our DIY thinking caps and came up with an adorable party favor, perfect for dads of every type!
It’s an ordinary brown paper bag full of candy, but with one extra adorable twist that makes it perfect for Pops! Check out the how-to below.
- Paper bag
- Wrapping or craft paper
- Glue stick
- Trace the shape of a tie on craft paper and cut out.
- Glue your “tie” to the top of the bag, next to the opening.
- About 1 inch from the top, make a slice on side of the paper bag. Cut about 1.5 inches in to make a flap.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Fill bag with candy.
- Fold both flaps in to the middle so that they make a “collar” shape.
- Tape into place.
- Hand out and enjoy. Happy Father’s Day!
For more detailed instructions on whipping up this adorable gift, check out the video below.
And don’t forget to SHARE with anyone looking for an easy and adorable gift for Dad!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.