Do you like your breakfast to have a little extra oomph? Get the most out of your morning meal with our Espresso Waffles. They’re powered by coffee, with all the delicious flavor of ordinary waffles!
This breakfast is the ultimate antidote to a late night or a sleepy morning. Add a few of our signature pancake breakfast bites to the mix, and you’re really cooking with fire.
Of course, you’ll still make your morning cup of joe. What is breakfast without some kind of caffeine? Still, you can get a little extra kick out of the meal when you pour espresso straight into your waffle batter.
This will give the waffles just a touch of perky espresso and that earthy coffee bitterness. It blends perfectly with maple sugar, so be prepared to eat a whole stack of these espresso waffles swimming in syrup!
Print out the recipe card below to learn how to make these yourself.
- 1 Tbsp. espresso
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 additional tsp. ground espresso
1⁄4cup vegetable oil
1⁄4tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Brew 1 Tbsp. espresso in hot milk. Let sit.
- Meanwhile, combine baking powder, remaining espresso, salt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg.
- When coffee is brewed, add that to your other ingredients. Whisk together well.
- Pour batter into waffle iron, shut and hold until waffle is done cooking, about three to five minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.