In my house, breakfast is not only the most important meal of the day, but it is my favorite meal of the day.
From cereal, to French toast, to bacon and eggs, there are so many scrumptious dishes to help kick off my morning. I’ve tried traditional, as well as creative breakfast recipes — like this Eggo waffle breakfast sandwich.
But I think I may have stumbled upon a new winning recipe with this eggs-in-a-hole grilled cheese sandwich. Though normally a lunch food, this grilled cheese is better in the morning, as it incorporates two of my favorite breakfast foods: bacon and eggs.
And unlike a normal bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwich, this dish delivers eggs cooked right into the bread!
Check out the recipe below to see just how quickly you can whip up an eggs-in-a-hole grilled cheese sandwich yourself.
Then, watch the exclusive video to see this easy-to-make recipe in action, along with the delicious results.
Will you be trying this yummy breakfast sandwich at home? Let us know in the comments. And don’t forget to SHARE this delicious recipe!
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Using a circular cookie cutter, remove the centers of each slice of bread.
- In skillet, cook bacon. Remove when finished.
- Place bread slices in skillet, and crack one egg in each slice's hole.
- Flip to cook egg, as desired.
- Place cheese and cooked bacon on one bread slice, and close the sandwich.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.