Christmas is the perfect time to pull up great family recipes and indulge in the most effortlessly classic meals.
One of the most perfect dishes that brings a flood of warm, fuzzy feelings is French toast. Dredged in a delicately sweet mixture of milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon, traditional French toast is truly the most timeless breakfast recipe.
In the spirit of Christmas, we have added a little flair to the regular French toast in our delicious recipe below. This is absolutely ideal for those who’d love to use up their leftover eggnog!
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- Slices of bread
- Syrup and whipped cream for topping
- Pour eggnog, eggs, nutmeg, and rum extract into a bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Dredge slices of bread in eggnog mixture.
- Melt some butter in a sauté pan, and cook toast until they’re golden brown.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream, fruit, or any of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Watch the video below to see how easily eggnog French toast can be put together, and let us know what you’re looking forward to eating this Christmas in the comments below!
Please SHARE if you are really looking forward to whipping up an easy, classic breakfast meal this Christmas!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.